Saturday, August 6, 2011

Keith Urban: Up Close & Personal


Keith Urban will bring his Get Closer World Tour to Nashville tonight, and there is something very precious about playing his adopted “hometown.” Keith recently sat down with the Tennessean to talk about the new tour, his home life, and Nashville.
It’s just hometown and maybe for me more than others in a sense that all I ever wanted to do when I was a kid was move to America and live in Nashville. Nashville was this mythical magical place sort of like Oz to me. And so it still hits me like, ‘Oh my God, I’m playing in
Nashville is where Keith has built a life with his wife Nicole Kidman and their two girls; Sunday and Faith.
“This morning I was woken up (at 7) with our daughter Sunday coming in singing the theme to Sesame Street, so what a superb way to wake up in the morning,” Urban says. “That’s kind of a sleep-in for me, which is normally getting up at 6 with the kids.”
The hardest part is turning my clock around. Out there on the road, if we’re playing the show at a 8:45 … and we finish at 11 p.m., I don’t want that to feel like it’s the end of my day physically. I want to kind of feel closer to the middle, which means you have to go to bed at 2 in the morning. When I get home if I go to bed at 2 in the morning, it’s pretty hard getting up at 6, but I don’t want to get up at 10 and miss all the morning with my wife and my daughters. So, I just push through. If I get home at 2, I’ll get up at 6 and have breakfast with everybody and then I’ll sneak back to bed for an hour or so … my wife will work out, I’ll go back to bed.
Keith also talks about his need to ‘Get Closer’ with the audience during this tour, and what he hopes to still accomplish. You can read more here.
We’ll be catching Keith’s Nashville show…so check back for our review…which I can only assume will be stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment